View Single Post
daycare 01:15 PM 09-21-2016
Originally Posted by DestinyAja:
No that's not my only expense. I have to buy diapers, clothes, auto insurance, cell phone bill, gas, the regular daily expenses of myself and 2 young boys, I had a couple traffic tickets to pay, etc. But that's the thing, I'm not making a consistent $500/week. One week it will be $500, the next week it will be $250, then maybe $300, so it always seems like I'm playing catchup whenever I finally do get the full amount.
how are you billing your clients?
example. I require payment if your child is in care or not. My contracts states:

your payment is due every friday in advance and will be deposited when received. Your payment is securing your child's spot, NOT based on the time that it is used.

Checks will not be held for any reason and must be paid by closing. Should the preschool be closed or owner is out on a payment due date, a new payment due date will be posted.

ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE PAID IN FULL. PARTIAL PAYMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. FULL Payments is due regardless if your child is in attendance or not. There will be no day transfers or credits for days your child does not attend due to illness, vacation or otherwise.

Any payment that is not paid in full will be subject to a late fee as follows:

1st late fee $50
2nd late fee $100
3rd late fee $150 and termination of contract without refund.

NO PAY NO STAY: If you fail to make payment, your child will not be able to return , until payment has been made in full. Failing to contact the childcare after 3 days without payment, will result in immediate termination of contract without refund.

I know a lot of us require payment no matter if the child attends or not. It's too hard to forecast a budget otherwise.

Its like renting a house. you can't go on vacation for 3 weeks and turn around, tell your landlord, I was gone for 3 weeks so here is payment for one full week. If you want your spot to come home to, payment is required in full.