View Single Post
Unregistered 07:16 AM 09-28-2016
I haven't read all the the posts but here are some quick thoughts. Many of you charge wayyyyy too low.

I charge center rates. $200 that is for 9 hrs. Will add 1 additional hr for $4 additional a week. I don't have 12 hr days. I have 10 holidays and 10 vacations days a year. I do NOT give free weeks off for vacation to my parents or discounts for maternity leave or teachers.

I only take 0-24 months, a tighter age range leaves you less worn out trying to feed a baby then teach preschool to a 4 yr old. Also safer for the babies, less liability and risk for accidents.

Babies need less is kid stuff, food, craft supplies etc. Plus they are quieter and not as mobile so they don't destroy your house or require you to spend as long cleaning it at the end of the day.

I am upfront about how I am choosing my parents as much as they choose me and I give a two week trial period. I also put my foot down on schedules. Charge late fees.

I put a lot of information on my website. I feed organic, non GMO, non toxic cleaning supplies, quiet chill environment, and plenty of outside time.

With 4 kids I don't need an assistant. I bill my clients through Paypal and don't take cash. Hits my account instantly and plenty of automatic features that make it one less thing I have to do.

Again the list goes on but those are my main things I do. 4 yrs of doing this previously I put my foot down this time. I was maxed out within 10 days of opening. Just used the FB neighborhood page and FB advertising this time. Almost free.

I will say also I am trained to take special needs kids and I do. I Have a Bachelors, and have been a former special needs foster parent. These parents are willing to pay for quality.

Oh I also have a strict sick policy. No runny noses here so far. I am big on hand washing, toys sanitizing, fresh air and sunlight with healthy food. Kids are healthier that way.

Again it is hands down a business, more than taking care of kids. Kids are just the perk oh and working from home. Go take a local small business class at the community college. Learn a bit of marketing, how to sell, do finances, set boundaries etc.

Finally running a business is not for everyone and that is ok. Nothing wrong with realizing it isn't your thing and you want to go work for someone and get a regular paycheck.

Sorry for potential typos babies up, got to go. Good luck with everything guys.