View Single Post
Unregistered 06:19 PM 09-25-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Yes you need to charge the late fee. You can feel sorry DCD had an accident but please don't feel sorry for following your policies and the contract they signed. Had a child been left that long with me with no parent communication they would be picking their child up from the police station. Communication goes a long way with me....

It was DCD's fault to not have his phone charged. The most significant reason to have a cell phone is for emergencies on the go.... I feel this reason is lost with how much smart phones can do now. Also in this age of Uber/Lyft (again requiring a cell phone) had his phone been charged he could have called his wife (or someone) to pick up the child or taken an Uber/Lyft to do it.

Summer 2017 I was rear ended on my way to pick up my dd from summer camp.... my car was totaled, it was such a significant accident that I spent hours in urgent care and the car was totaled --- my first phone call was to arrange alternate pick up for my dd and she was picked up on time. Yes it sucked that I was in an accident but that was not the summer camps responsibility or burden.
Not only should they be glad for that, I would term. When situations like this happen and I can't get the emergency contact to come, I term. A lot of parents think it's just a space to write any number. Nope. It's for your child's safety.