View Single Post
drseuss 09:27 AM 02-25-2014
I am a long-time childcare provider who found this forum through an internet search. I am burning out, and was in need of some advice and companionship in the midst of it.

I have spent many years as a state-licensed ccp, and my body and mind are telling me it is time for a change. I have been having panic attacks in the mornings, usually about the time I am blow-drying my hair, so about 20 minutes before my first arrivals. I am constantly nursing a headache from clenching my teeth, feeling totally exhausted, barely able to participate in my marriage. It is all too much. Unfortunately, over the past year, we have invested quite heavily in my program.

I am very good at what I do, my program is highly recommended in our town. The problem is now the guilt that I am carrying around for feeling like I am burning out. We as providers are charged with the most important job of nurturing and loving our little ones. I am perfectly able to do that, but knowing that I am fizzling out leaves me with a guilt that I cannot seem to reconcile.

Anybody else going through something similar? Thanks so much.