View Single Post
Unregistered8 10:22 AM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
None of what you're describing would exclude them from my home. If I excluded kids for runny noses or slight coughs I'd have no kids...like ever!! A lot of it can be allergies or if it's cold where you are it could be dry air from the furnace etc.

I only exclude for contagious diseases, fevers, green snotty nose, more than slight cough, unexplained rash, unable to partcipate in program and when first beginning antibiotics. All of these need a DR's note before returning to care. I've only had to exclude one child once this year.

Thank you I was researching about sick children of daycares because my son was just tested positive of influenza A and B, and I know it was from daycare provider was the first I saw sick so I was looking into it. This thread had little to do with my research but definitely kept my attention to see the complaints of caregivers I'm so happy she isn't my caregiver I'm so sorry she is so disturbed by a child whose immune system must be a tad weaker then other's but I'm glad of your comment because seeing others response shocked me as well.
I'm a working mom and my son had chronic runny nose from 3 months till 16 months due to his enlarged adenoids. surgery had to be done to fix the issue. I would admit it was tough having to be on top of keeping him clean but he wasn't contagious and I feel the proper thing the provider should have done is ask the parent and have them bring a note from doctor which is what I did for my provider.
But it seems she just lacks care for the child so yeah the new and improved policy might be best.

Finding someone to watch your kid is the hardest thing for a parent. Sometimes you even have to settle for a convenient location rather then best care. So it would be nice if providers would be more sensitive/ understanding to the needs of the parents and child.