View Single Post
Annalee 09:42 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
So I make up most of my own lesson plans. For instance this month they are out of school every Friday. We are already working on our garden, watching seeds in vials and doing a growth chart, doing a weather chart. Today I stole someones idea here and let them look at seeds with magnifying glass and draw the seeds in their journal and labeling with the names of the seeds. They also did a writing prompt in their journal (or drew picture if they can't really write yet).

So I work hard on putting this stuff together, but I am not sure how to organize the stuff so I can use it next year. Any advice from the pros?
I take ice bins and separate my books by theme and use totes for my large materials for theme play centers....Each month I just get out what I want for the month and set up around my room. I have a large bag which keeps my bulletin board displays that are separated by month as well. I use the mailbox magazine, pinterest, several daycare websites, etc. to develop my yearly curriculum. That way I can interchange as I want to!