View Single Post
Country Kids 09:03 PM 05-06-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
I completely believe you when you say you would never reveal someone's identity. The following is not necessarily directed at Blackcat, as I can't remember who the mod was that I'm about to talk about, and it doesn't matter. Actually, I couldn't even tell you offhand who the mods even are!

Ok, while I wouldn't use the words "rude" and "condescending", necessarily, it did strike me as a tad bit cringe-worthy on a past thread (sorry, cannot for the life of me remember the topic, but it was within the last couple weeks... I think?) when a mod went on and on (in MY opinion it was on and on... I'm sure the mod didn't feel like it was) about how, with research and some sleuthing, they can figure out who an anonymous poster is.

I was almost embarrassed for "Anonymous" by it all. Who cares??!!?? Congratulations that you have that power, but it really shined a bright light in Anonymous's face and, I bet, made the majority of reader's very curious as to who she was. Probably to the point of PM'ing a mod to ask if she'd spill the beans.

We shouldn't focus on trying to see behind their mask. That isn't why they asked a question or brought up a subject. If I posted something anonymously, it would really embarrass me to know that the mods were checking me out trying to discover my hidden identity. Give them the privacy they are clearly asking for.

I didn't want to say anything at the time, but since someone brought it up here, I know I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Off the soapbox. Just wanted to say what I felt, that's all.
Was it the thread I posted a few posts back? I know there was talk on that one about knowing things and it went back and forth between some posters/mods.