View Single Post
Brooksie 03:05 PM 11-23-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Well after cooking every night this week and leaving the leftovers for him instead of taking them to work with me for lunch, and coming home to nothing left but the dirty dishes, I was told off for snacking on one of "his" Hot Pockets and then given an unsolicited list of what food I'd bought vs. what he bought as apparently mine doesn't stack up.

Because having to buy all the fruit, vegetables, meats, dairy, etc in addition to cooking it is not nearly as important as making sure the house is stocked with snacks as he does, thus I'm not welcome to his food. Meanwhile I cook, dish and serve him "my" food, which he welcomes himself to.

I thought things had changed this week, thus the nightly meals...but I see they haven't...so back to cooking for myself when he goes to work.

I buy Ramen by the case . He helps himself.

I don't know how or why men have gotten this way, and even though I love him, he hasn't learned yet and I gotta look out for me.

My current FB status:
"First Pot Roast of the season on the stove. Evergreen candle burning. Smells like the holidays "
First comment was his mom: 'how about those noodles?'
Response: 'Ahaha!! They're on the counter waiting for him. Its his choice what he wants for dinner. One just requires an apology lol'
His mom: 'omg that's so funny'

At least she's on my side! Haha. He was at their place last night because they bought him a more fuel efficient car (must be nice) and I'm sure she fed him well. We will see what he chooses to eat for dinner