View Single Post
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:08 PM 11-21-2016
Originally Posted by Daycare Insurance:
What you need is professional liability and accident medical insurance. You can check Tom Copeland's website for a list of companies that offer this type of policy, as we don't write business in Alaska.
Your professional liability policy will not cover your home or property. The purpose of the policy is to cover medical bills if a child is injured in your care and to protect you in the event of a lawsuit from a parent.
There are homeowners insurance companies that will insure you as long as you provide proof that you have a professional liability policy. You might start with State Farm and then call around. Or find a broker in your area who can help you.

State Farm has a limit of 6(including my own), which keeps me to license exempt numbers. Allstate has a limit of 4 (not including my own) which is also license exempt numbers. I either get a "we can't cover you at all with a daycare in the home (licensed or not)" or "once you go over our numbers then we can't cover you". One of the local agencies is who suggested the commercial policy.