View Single Post
KTsKids 07:05 AM 03-08-2018
We made an offer and it was actually accepted!! Our first 3 houses we got turned down in lieu of cash offers, this time we beat 2 cash offers. where is everyone getting all this cash?? Here's the thing... I haven't seen the house, just pictures. My agent looked at it for me and we made an offer same day so as not to lose it before I could go this weekend.

The basement is finished and has one giant room for a playroom and a bedroom size room that would be great for sleeping babies, however there is no bathroom on that level. I've got a laundry room with a sink we could use for hand washing, but I'm wondering how expensive it will be to put in a half bath. Anyone ever done it? I know its plumbed but needs a pump of some sort since were putting it downstairs. Or, does anyone have their playroom on a floor with no bathroom? Most of my kids are in diapers. I'm starting over because I'm moving to far from my current home for parents to commute, so I could limit intake to diaper age only til I install a bathroom. Does anyone else have an age limit that young?

How far in advance would you tell your families about the move? My contract allows both parties out with no notice, but I've got mostly good long term clients who I want to be be fair to. The issue is that if my income drops to much before closing I could lose the mortgage. After closing I'll have 3 1/2 weeks before I have to vacate the apartment so I'd like to wait til closing to mention it then stay open 3 more weeks. Does that seem like a fair amount of time for them to find other childcare? The options for weekend and overnight care are so limited, its not like searching for typical childcare.