View Single Post
CityGarden 02:31 PM 05-05-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I have a few immediate thoughts.

1. Yes, it sounds like she's desperate and since she had talked to you previously and you have a mutual friend/contact, you would have the highest likelihood of enrolling him ASAP.

If I enroll him ASAP which is before these other two dcbs leave then I will need an assistant more hours than I have at present ASAP. So for this month I will make little to no profit off his enrollment.

2. Children can act differently from setting-setting. It's not a guarantee he will be a difficult child just because he was in the last setting. Sure, there is a higher chance he might be and I would be apprehensive due to that. But, again, not a guarantee.

Yes I agree with this which is why I initially said I would do the tour and trial day but thinking of the potential impact on the other dcks has me worried.

3. The fact that she NOW is saying grandparents can do the shorter hours leads me to believe she is thinking short term with you and has a future plan already in place.

I require a one year contract Sept - June so if that is the case it would mess up my fall enrollment and is it even worth the effort if she plans to do that? I do see red flags with the grandparents can magically make my hours now.... she can be their back up if they cannot.... my hours are strict.
Thanks for the reply. My responses are in pink above. What do you think I should do from here?