View Single Post
daycare 03:11 PM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Proof that a firm enough consequence DOES make an impact and changes a child's behavior.

This is what I believe is wrong with parenting styles today...not enough FIRM consequences for negative behaviors.

NOT saying all kids should be spanked....just saying that follow through and a FIRM consequence makes ALL the difference in whether a behavior will be repeated or not.
BC can you tell my ex husband this.....lol

I copied this from a thing that I am currently reading.......this is what all of us deal with daily....

part of the stuff I am reading:

He’ll act like he’s going to throw a temper tantrum in the store. And then you have a choice: deal with that temper tantrum or buy him a candy bar. Most parents buy the candy bar, which increases the probability this behavior will occur again. I understand why parents give in. They reason, “Well, it's only a candy bar.” And I agree: I’ve got nothing against buying things for kids. But the bottom line is, how does your child go about getting that candy bar or comic book? Does he earn it with good behavior or buy it with his own allowance money? Or does he intimidate and bully you into giving in to him? If he’s doing the latter, you will probably see him act out in restaurants and other public places as well when he doesn't get his way. At home, he will threaten to have a tantrum or lose his temper to get more power over you.

Read more: http://www.empoweringparents.com/Ang...#ixzz2YaZd6Ua6