View Single Post
Former Teacher 02:58 PM 04-23-2016
I, too, will be voting for Trump.

I actually didn't become a registered voter until 2011 (voted in my first presidential election in 2012) and I am over 40 years old

All my life before then I would have been an Independent. The more I get older the more I realize I am more Republican than Democrat. The only thing I am for which my party seems to be against is gay marriage rights, which I am 1000% for. However in 2009 I would have voted for Pres. Obama in a heartbeat. He was young, on fire and gave me hope for the future.

However that quickly changed. I cannot wait until my country is restored. I cannot wait until I can be proud once again. Yes, I am angry. The President and FLOTUS embarrass me.

Donald Trump is also angry like me. He just is saying the things that other candidates are probably thinking but isn't saying out loud. I want a president who will mean what they say.

That being said, the ONLY thing that doesn't sit well with me is the fact that I don't like the public name calling etc. I wish he would act more mature (?). I wish there was a Trump vision but with a Cruz demeanor