View Single Post
jeffpas 03:13 PM 09-20-2019
We have an agency called DHS in Illinois, (Department of Human Services). Someone who has applied to rent an apartment from us, said they 'work for the State as a daycare provider'. They showed up with 3 screaming, and I mean terror kids. They were climbing the walls. The woman looked so exhausted I thought she might pass out. She said they were her grandkids, and no worries she just had them for the night.

At any rate, she gave us a check stub to show employer and there are 3 names on the stub- it looks like the first names of 3 children.
I started calling DHS numbers to verify her employment, and spent half a day getting nothing but voice mailboxes- I could reach nobody at that agency. Not a human anywhere.
I finally after hours found an automated line, and entered her information, confirming her job title at least, matching her check stub: "Licensed Exempt Home Provider".

My fear is these kids aren't her grandkids as she claims, but they're her charges she's getting paid to watch in-the-home. And the apartment she wants to rent, will be her "Romper Room".
Can anyone help figure this out? Thanks would much appreciate.