View Single Post
fctjc1979 11:10 AM 06-21-2010
I've been doing some research on speech for my 15-month-old daughter. She has some hearing issues in her left ear that we will be going for further testing at the end of the month. They know that her hearing on that side is less than it should be, they just have to figure out what she is hearing and what she isn't hearing. I figured it might help the doctors to know whether she is on track for speech for her age. The problem is that my other daughter is 11 years old and I've never cared for a child that young in daycare, so I don't really have a good reference to know if she is behind. As I look at different websites on the net I'm getting a lot of conflicting information and I'm not sure which to trust. Her doctor is a general practitioner rather than a pediatrician so she wasn't comfortable with telling me if her speech was normal or not. Does anybody know any good websites that have information you know is sound? Or does anybody have a lot of experience with this age group that can help me out? Her hearing test is on the 28th and I would really like to be able to tell them whether I think she is behind in this area or not.