View Single Post
ConcernedMotherof2 07:16 AM 02-27-2010
I would think that the bigger problem was that you've lost trust for her, more so than her breaking state daycare regulations. My sister was about 13 when she started watching my children as babies, but that's family. I could tell you all day how responsible she is and how perfectly comfortable I felt letting her care for my own children (never actually alone for more than an hour), but I would never have handed someone else's child over to her without their prior consent. That's the line--obviously I trust her, she had responsibility of my own children (you know, the most precious thing in the world to me), but that doesn't make it right to have her watch someone else's kids without them consenting first.

If you do talk to her (I don't understand why you wouldn't talk to her), remember that you are talking about her son and she may feel immediately defensive. The problem is, she had a responsibility to get your permission first. You should never have to worry about her judgement and now I'm sure you worry all day long while she has your son in her care.