View Single Post
AmandasFCC 06:09 AM 09-19-2009
"I'd like to see these "contracts" include an incentive to NOT bring my sick kid into their home daycare and offer at least a 1-2 day sick day leave per month or quarter."

I'm sorry, you want us to pay YOU when your kid is sick and you have to watch them? Are you mental?

I can count on 2 hands how many times my doctor has had to reschedule appointments on short notice because she's delivering a baby, in just 2 years of being her patient. Did I bitch and moan about this? No. It happens.

When I'm off sick, parents don't pay. I'm unable to provide a service, so I don't charge for it. If the kids are sick, I do still have to hold that space. And guess what? The mortgage company still bangs down my door for the same amount of money regardless of if your kid was sick and I didn't get paid. Same with the cable company, electric, gas, etc. I have to hold that space for you - unless by some miracle someone happens to call for a drop-in that day, so guess what, you still have to pay.

And like everyone else has said, all doctors, lawyers, chiropractors, etc. that I've been to in private practice charge AT LEAST a $25.00 missed appointment fee. SO SUCK IT UP!!!

Do you want quality care for your child? Then parents need to respect the fact that we have bills to pay, groceries, toys, and other things to buy in order to make YOUR kid comfortable throughout the day.

I've only been on this site for a month and already I'm sick of reading the griping of parents for silly things. I have to repeat everyone else here. We get paid LESS than minimum wage in most cases for crying out loud. For me for a day, it's $35.00. You can't get your nails done around here for that, and most of the parents I have wouldn't sneeze at spending over $100 on a meal out. But you want to complain because I still charge you when your kid is sick? REALLY????