View Single Post
QualiTcare 11:54 PM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
i'll leave religion out of it, but the matter of homeschool and successful education is a highly debatable matter in itself.

most people don't consider high school graduates to be qualified to teach children, teens, or young adults. in fact, most people don't consider high school graduates to be qualified to do much of anything other than serve food, collect garbage, and...oh yeah...take care of young children.

sorry, but i find the fact that child care providers get paid the same as fast food employees/have the same minimum qualifications (GED, in fact) to be downright pathetic - i'm sorry if you disagree.
furthermore, michael, by that comment to which i referred to "most people" i was referring to exactly that:

MOST people send their children to public and/or private schools (where the teachers have a college degree). MOST - if not ALL - people who go to college have professors with a college degree (whether they were homeschooled or not).

most educators are college graduates - even homeschooled children usually end up going to college where they are taught by college graduates.

why? well, that's a matter of opinion, apparently. the point is - education is valued in our society. you will not find a college professor who has only a high school diploma. it has nothing to do with my opinion - it's a fact.