View Single Post
Febby 10:57 PM 01-21-2016
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
see, as a parent, I have not thought about it this way. you are right: if my child needs emergency services, and they are unable to get there in a timely manner, that puts not only my child in danger, but the provider into a pretty sticky situation. not that I mind the daycare closing on a snow day, but those aspects just did not cross my mind because I have not really been on that side of the fence.

we had 4" today. our daycare was open. I kept our daughter home. because I could, and because I do not see a point of trying to make 2 trips 15 miles away in this weather when I don't really have to. we had fun: she made snow angels and shot me up with snowballs
I'm not sure where in my state you are, but we had about the same snowfall. My class had a lot of absences, but about 70% of the center's children showed up on Wednesday (1/20), including several school teachers' children. Schools were closed, of course. We had plenty of staff, but there were a couple other centers, including one big one, that had to turn parents away due to lack of staff.