Thread: Help!
View Single Post
LysesKids 06:03 AM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by Lissa Kristine:
Are you prepared to pay my bills for me if I up and quit tomorrow?

I don't have the financial security to quit my job without having a backup plan in place. Right now, this job is my SOLE income- my usually babysitting clients haven't needed me as often. I come home from work, skip dinner, and stay up until well after midnight applying for jobs and sending out resumes, but nothing has come of it. Until I have another job secured, I CANNOT AFFORD to leave.

I have filled out my CARI. It's the FINGERPRINTING that I have yet to have done, and I cannot just print a universal fingerprinting form off the internet for this job. I need my employer to provide me with one that contains the appropriate information. Otherwise, I would have printed it out myself and done that already.

I think my boss thinks it's a waste of time since I was just fingerprinted for another daycare at the beginning of October, but the state says the fingerprinting isn't transferable, so I need to be fingerprinted AGAIN for a new employer.
Are you willing to go to jail if something happens & you are the one holding the bag? I was in a similar position in 1999 as a single mom... keeping my own kids & depending on Social services until I got my childcare up and running was the better option. The daycare center I worked for got closed & fined & 2 people went to jail for abuse (which is what I turned them in for after they neglected to tell parents a provider hurt a child - it was the day I quit). They made providers work with stomach viruses in the lunch area... I mean come on, being over ratio didn't help. Bills need paying , but come on - it can back fire on you big time too if you stay