View Single Post
e.j. 05:58 PM 01-16-2021
If it were me, I'd let the other families know what's going and then let them know what my plans are for the day care. In my case, I'd tell dc parents that I plan to clean and sanitize the day care as much as possible and remain open unless/until I'm told the child is positive and I have to close. By the time dcg's tested and results are in, any closure or quarantining you would have to do would be minimal, if at all - unless someone else comes down with it in the meantime.

I would think if the dcg is found to be positive, by the time you got results, any quarantining you would need to do would be based on the last day she was at your day care so even if she has to quarantine longer because she may have caught it while she was at home, it wouldn't prolong your incubation or quarantine time.

As a dc parent, I would be nervous knowing my child was possibly exposed to Covid but I'd understand that it wasn't my provider's fault. It's the risk I took bringing my child to day care during a pandemic. I'd be very upset, though, if my provider didn't tell me about a possible exposure since I might want to keep my child home until we knew for sure or there might be steps I could take to minimize further exposure to the rest of my family. Good luck with whatever you decide. Hopefully, she'll test negative and her dad will be ok. If you're nervous you might have it, could you get tested to reassure yourself?