View Single Post
LittleSproutsLongwood 06:28 AM 05-17-2018
Hi guys! I have an infant only(6 weeks-until they are one and walking) home daycare. I had a new baby start back in March. She is in my care from 730am-615pm. She was 8 weeks and was solely breastfed. Moms milk supply has slowed down a bunch and now we are incorporating formula. She was very fussy when she first started but I just chalked it up to baby having a hard time with a bottle (mom had never even given her a bottle... I gave her the first one ever on her first day.) She has now been here for 11 weeks... and she cries ALL DAY when she is awake. I have made a couple of suggestions to mom (mom changing her diet, changing baby's formula, burping her longer, gas drops, talking to her pediatrician) but mom is young and just kind of laughs at me (very awkwardly.) Mom knows how extremely fussy she is because its an all day every day thing. To be honest, I feel like baby is in pain. She holds her breath for a few seconds and screams as if she is hurt. Usually out of no where (no noisemaking before hand) and 0-60. I'm honestly nearing the end of my rope. I have 3 other babies in my care and they are frustrated as well. I guess my question is... Would this be something you would terminate over? Or should I just continue with care? I don't want to feel like a "quitter" its just such a long day with a screamer. Please help!!