View Single Post
Former Teacher 07:33 AM 04-02-2009
Hello. I understand from where you are coming from. I worked at a daycare for nearly 20 years. At that center, a parent is charged whether or not the child was there. It's called saving a spot. I noticed that the times your child would be at the center would be from 1130-430. At the center where I used to work at, anything over 5 hours was considered full time. There was once a boy that went to preschool. The mother said she would be picking up her son at 315 everyday, could she be charged a half day rate? Well 315, became 330, and then became 400 and then became 500 and so on to where this child was nearly the last one every night at 630. So basically she was getting care for free for 3 hours. Well I (my director always wanted me to do her dirty work, told her that either she stuck with 315 or she would have to find other care. Being that her child was always the last one would put us over ratio etc..Well she got all upset with me and said she needed to leave him longer than 315 but she still wanted the half day because on other days it would be before 315. Long story short, she got mad because she felt in her eyes we were just "babysitting" (dont you hate that word) and she would find other care.

So again while I do see your point, if your child will be there regularly over 5 hours then she should charge a full rate JMO