View Single Post
sugar buzz 11:41 AM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
I also love the "we don't have any more sick/personal/vacation days to use so pookie HAS to go to daycare." I got this after a parent used all their vacation days by May, going on vacations. Pookie ended up getting termed.
You know......when I was a daycare parent, my DCP took two weeks off in a row, every summer. One week for vacation and one week for home maintenance. Our families lived far away, so my DH would take one week off, and I would take the other week. For years, that was our yearly vacation time. We did what we had to do. We knew that it was temporary, and we sacrificed accordingly.

When DH and I would get sick, we would try to go to work or work from home, anyway. We saved all of our sick days for DD. We would even split up the morning and afternoon, if DD required multiple sick days at a time.

I completely understand and sympathize with the frustration of sick days, but for the last five years, the majority of DCP that I provide care for, use their sick days for themselves, while their child and I will be trudging along, with the exact same cold. They take several vacations and long weekends a year, and use their personal days for "me" time. I'm just saying, don't bitch to me that you have to come and get YOUR sick child, when you took a half day, last week, to be home to receive a package...