View Single Post
denack 01:21 PM 03-09-2011
Haven't posted here in a few days so thought I would give an update on how my son is adjusting to day care. He is doing AWESOME!! The drop off is going well, minimal crying, he likes playing with the other kids and was even content playing in the living room by himself the other day when the others were eating lunch. He ate his lunch early. He is napping for a good amount of time and lays in the pack and play as he wakes up, happy, and talks to himself. He is happy when I go to pick him up and I'm told that he has good days. His adjustment period didn't take as long as I was expecting and that makes me happy.

As for the post by the Guest on 3/7/11-I'm slightly offended by the comments, so if my reply seems snippy you'll know why--my son didn't go to day care til he was 13 weeks old. At 5 1/2 months he was diagnosed with acid reflux and once he got on some medicine for that he was and still is a lot happier baby. My husband and I have NEVER co-slept with him, he was in a pack and play for the first 4 1/2 months and once we moved he was in a crib which he continues to sleep in. I pump every day and he takes a bottle just fine. My husband and I don't view how we have chosen to raise our son as irresponsible. Yes, we admit to doing things that we should not have and if we have another child we will do things differently.
I don't try "to make up for" the time he is in day care because I have to work. I would dearly love to stay home but in today's economy that's just not feasible. My stomach was in knots as he encountered a new situation but wouldn't yours be when your child is put into a new situation? I've only wanted my son to be happy.