View Single Post
kiddosnme 04:28 AM 07-21-2010
Thanks guys! I checked the other thread too, I do have a really organized play area, with bins and lids for each set of toys. I usually tell the kids you are responsible for your own bin, and are to pick it up before you can move on to something else. I have tried the time out method, but quickly realized that this is what they want, to sit out while everyone cleans up. We do clean up 3x once in the morning before snack and in the afternoon before lunch and then before they go home. I resorted yesterday to tell this particular child that he was not allowed to play with the toys any more for the day if he did not clean up. His reply was that he did not care, he was done playing for the day anyways. UGHH! I used to implement a rule with my kids that if I caught you not cleaning up you would have to clean the whole room while everyone else watched. Is this too harsh? It sure worked on mine, it would only take one or two times and they learn really quickly to clean up. Although Im not sure if that is appropriate for the DC children?