View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 02-26-2012
For 15 years, I paid no attention to when kids had their imms. However, if they had imms and came to daycare the next day and were cranky, whiney or had diarrhea or any other symptom that I would normally send them home for, I did.
If it wasn't unbearable, I dealt with it and never gave it another thought. For some I even dispensed Tylenol when they were just plain uncomfortable or achey. NO ISSUES whatsoever.

With that being said though 3 times in the last 5 years I have had children with NO EVIDENCE of having any issues with imms previously have seizures. After that, I changed my rules/policies to imms done on Fridays or when the parent has two days off.

No way am I EVER dealing with that kind of thing again. I CHOOSE not to and I don't HAVE to.

I have no idea how many, if any other daycares in my area have that rule and I frankly don't care. I have the rule and if parents want to enroll in my program, that is really a small rule to have to deal with IMPO.

I mean really, how many imms does a kid get during the first 5 years of life? Not enough that it would mean choosing a different daycare.

When I interview, I explain to the parent how it is not only better for the child to be with a family member should something happen (or even just having the child feel like crap afterwards) but how the parent would more than likely prefer that as well.

In my opinion, it is all in how you "sell" the idea to them.

If I tried to sell it as being better for me only, they probably wouldn't take it as seriously as they do when I sell it as being better for them and their child.