View Single Post
Unregistered 02:00 PM 08-12-2010
My answer as a daycare provider without a degree............

I havent read the other debate, But I feel if you have a degree, Tell everyone, I do not have a degree, But have been looking into taking classes here and there, Just hard right now, with 2 little ones of my own, And I just havent researched enough, Obviously I do as much training as I can every year, But were I to have a degree in ECE, I would never keep it quiet, If I work hard for something that benefits my job, I will brag about it! Who cares if you have a one up on other providers, I personally would not be made insecure as a provider, I have a great program, I do preschool curriculum, And have a full house, and love my kids, and my parents love me..........Now do I think someone with a degree will be better than someone without, No I don't , I think its a huge benefit, But I think without a degree you can be just as good with children, I do believe the best education in children, Is raising some of your own, cause some things you just cant be taught, But If I do ever get a degree, which I would love to, It will for sure be one of the first things I mention when I get phone calls, And parents will be impressed, were I looking for daycare, hearing a degree, would make me more excited at first, But Doesnt mean I'll like the person, or the house................I say yell to the world your degree, good for you, you should be proud of it, Its a great tool in your field!