Thread: water bottles?
View Single Post
childcaremom 08:46 AM 08-28-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have each child bring a sports bottle type that is left here. I wash them at the end of each day and refill them as needed. We keep them in a plastic basket type and carry it with us outside and take it back inside.

I love doing it this way,because we have a water helper of the day and that person passes out all of the water bottles to the other kids. Its so cute to see the 2 yr olds do it.

We have a few rules about them for outside.

1. obviously no sharing
2. you must sit down at the pic nic table to have a water break and put it back in the basket when done.
3. no walking around with them ever
4. no dumping, if you dump looks like you are all done

inside rules are pretty much the same, but instead of picnic table its the meal table.

when they bring in sports bottles i just ask that they don't have too many pieces to them that would make hard to clean. even though we are only putting water in them they do grow mold from the saliva that enters when drinking.

I do this exactly.

I used to provide them. Our first hot day they were thrown, dropped, left behind, etc.

I sent home an email that they were all required to send their own. We have the same rules but now if they don't follow them, it's not my bottle that breaks.