View Single Post
Mike 07:14 AM 07-26-2016
Originally Posted by debbiedoeszip:
We are doing something about it. We are choosing to provide childcare privately (which is completely legal). In most areas of Canada, childcare is in huge demand. Government and agencies can set any policies they want but if they want providers to be licensed then they had better set policies and demands that also work for the providers and their household.

Daycare isn't the only gig in town for me. Plenty of other employment opportunities I could choose from, but I happen to WANT to provide daycare. At this point, if I had no choice but to work through an agency, then I would find another job (and up to five families would need to look for care elsewhere). In many areas of Ontario, there are not only waiting lists for daycare (private and licensed), there are also fees to be on the waiting lists.
My plans too. I remember reading a news article once about the government, Ontario at least, making plans to eventually make all daycare require registration. I said to myself that if I go into daycare and that happens, it'll be time to go into a different business.