Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Former Teacher 08:03 AM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
You guys are more patient than me. "Karen, please stop coaching him to ask for things he already knows he can't have. You are making us both uncomfortable and taking up valuable time. We have a routine here. If you want him to play with the train set, you can let him play with his own at home after daycare."
Exactly! I once had a preschooler (!!!) who was always difficult when he was dropped off. Thankfully we were outside usually at that time so it was easy. One time, she was late dropping him off and we were in the classroom. So (my assistant was in the room) he started running down the hall chasing her as she was walking away. I ran and grabbed him and she told him goodbye again. I started walking away and he was crying holding out his arms. I was telling him the fun stuff we had planned etc.

She was FOLLOWING ME!!! Then she was telling him to be a good boy etc. I was LIVID!

The next day, again we were in the classroom..she said "it's okay Snowflake...Ms X will hold you (he's a freaking PRESCHOOLER!!!) while Mommy goes to work". NOT AGAIN! I said right to her face "No I am sorry I can't. It will just upset him more once he knows you will follow him. Please just say all your goodbyes now. Snowflake, when Mommy leaves for work, please come and join me and Snowflake 2 (his BFF) at the cars and we can build a ramp for jumpoffs." Then I walked away. He followed me immediately. She didn't do that BS again