View Single Post
Baby Beluga 07:35 AM 02-09-2018
The distinction between asthma/allergies and illness is an important one....and one I didn't think of. THIS is why I ask you all

Here is what got me thinking:

DCB had a barking cough, no other symptoms. Told mom he needed to see the doc and I would determine if/when he could return. Doc cleared DCB of everything, doc said cough was just lingering from a cold. Unfortunately here, it IS common to have coughs that last weeks after colds. This DCB's cough didn't last weeks (two days and was very infrequent but when he did cough it sounded barky. The barky sound is what had me concerned) but it got me thinking: what if doc prescribed a neb treatment? How would I handle it?

I suppose if it were for an illness I would require the child to stay home for a certain amount of time and would possibly administer the treatments if child no longer met exclusion policies but was at the tail end of the neb treatment.

For allergies/asthma it makes sense to do it with proper documentation from the doc. Especially if it can help ward off a much worse illness. After DS had a round of RSV and bronchiolitis his ped said if he gets a cough or cold to do neb treatments for two days to try and prevent DS from getting a worse illness so I can see how that could happen to a DCK.