View Single Post
cheerfuldom 08:09 AM 06-27-2012
I would be okay with this on a trial basis. Try it out and make sure that you are able to meet all the kids needs. I think part time to full time would be a good option because there will still be days that you wouldnt have this baby at all and can focus on activities for the big kids. I know this baby is young but do what you can as far as making sure you and mom are on the same page with the baby's routine. At this age, I would imagine that as long as you have a good routine going, a lot of the time the baby is at your house, she would be napping anyway.

Sometimes part time infants are hard if they are high needs and prone to over stimulation or if mom and dad have a random life and baby is not on a good routine. So I think the big thing is making sure that they are not dropping off an over tired, over stimulating, hungry child that is just going to cry the whole time with you. Make sure baby is being helped with sleeping on their own (not nursing to sleep or other things that you cannot replicate at daycare) and that baby is taking a bottle well.