Thread: Santa Claus
View Single Post
BentleysBands 05:30 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by nikia:
Sooo anyway since I started this thread and it had nothing to do with what is being talked about now I thought I would let you all know how it went and what happend so whether you care or not here it is.

I did talk to the mom and asked her to just let the daughter know that all the young kids here believe in Santa Clause and asked that she please not ruin what they believe in. The mom was very sorry and totally understood why I asked her to talk to her daughter. There was no debate on religion or anything else. It was strickly an adult conversation about what we believe and what they believe and that we will all respect each others beliefs.

I think it is great to learn all different religions and also why people do not have a religion. If we all learn different ideas it would make us grow as people, and by learn I do not mean shoving things down people's throats. The point being we should respect each other has human beings no matter what color we are, what beliefs we have.

To the woman with the sister and her partner who send her children to a school that teaches them something other than what the parents believe in, hats off to them. I think it is great that they are so tolerant and let their children learn many different ways of the world and how people can believe different things but still be wonderful people.

Legomom, it is great that you believe so strongly in your religion and that you preach about God, it is what the bible says to do. I think it would be more effective without the personal attacks like telling someone to terminate a child so they can go to a "real" christian daycare all because we believe in Santa Clause.

Saint Nicholas He had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him, and thus became the model for Santa Claus, whose English name comes from the Dutch Sinterklaas. His reputation evolved among the faithful, as is common for early Christian saints.[4] In 1087, his relics were furtively translated to Bari, in southeastern Italy; for this reason, he is also known as Nikolaos of Bari

I personally dont think this is a bad thing to carry on in the minds of children, to my children Santa is a man who gives children of the world things they want and need, whether that be food, clothes or toys. That is my choice to share with my children as it is your to not and that should be celebrated, we shouldnt be made to feel less christian because of that. There was a true Saint and that is where Santa came from. My children know that Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas, they also know about St. Nick and Santa Claus. I dont feel it takes away from them knowing Jesus.
so glad it worked out for you!! i was curious to see what happened and glad it went so well.