View Single Post
hope 05:14 AM 07-11-2014
I just booked a hotel for 2 days for Dh and myself in Sept on days that the schools here are closed due to Jewish holidays. My teachers always keep their kids home when they have off and still pay for the whole week. It's not in my contract but they have always done this and I give them a small discount for reason like this. I have one part time mom that doesn't really need care if I can not accommodate so she is easy going and I can ask that she not come those days. She pays for days used so I would lose out on her two days. I have another family that has a SA child and usually takes time off work when school is closed bc it's cheaper than having me watch SA girl along with younger sibling. So my question is.....I don't want to really tell parents I am going away. I want them to tell me they are taking those days off which I'm pretty sure all will. If they take those days off I get paid. If I take those days off they don't pay. I planned this trip on those days bc I was sure they would all take off and I wouldn't lose out any money except for part timer. Would it be wrong of me to ask for Sept schedule to see if they all take off and if one doesn't then inform them I made plans? I would then have to give them the days unpaid. I worry they would find this sneaky. I am feeling like maybe I did go about this the wrong way. Wwyd?