View Single Post
kendallina 09:37 AM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
lol..I forgot to log back out..

Yes I have permission to transport and the parent also signed the handbook stating that if I have to be some where and the parents are not on time to pick up, I will be taking the kids with me.

I do have an obligation, just as my DCP do. I have an obligation to my family first no matter what. AND if a family is not respectful enough to follow my rules then they need to find another place to go.

I did make a few mistakes here and I am learning my lesson. Like someone said I should have closed earlier, (I was trying to be nice and not put anyone out, so I stayed open as late as i could). If I would have allowed for more time then I would have had time to call the emergency contacts on their list, but I didn't.

I bend over backwards for these families every day, even weekends, holidays and other special occasions and if they can't do 1 thing (so far this is the first time I had to close early this year) for me then I don't want people like that here...
I think you should be fine since you have permission to transport their children and since it says that you will take children with you if parents are late. This parent has NO right to be upset given these circumstances. I would call her and talk to her, calmly explain the situation and also explain if you have any policy about giving two weeks notice and payment. Sorry this happened...