Thread: Silly Mommy...
View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:53 AM 06-10-2019
Contracted hours helps manage the "getting your money's worth" type of situations.

I also grab a Post-it note every time a parent says they are picking up early. I have them write down the time they will be arriving and sign/date it. That becomes their pick up time for that day. If they aren't there at that time, they are assessed the regular late fee.

If they don't know IF they'll actually be early or not don't tell me at all. Just show up early if you're planning on picking up early. Otherwise just pick up at regular time.

I don't care what parents are doing when their kids are here. I only care if they follow their scheduled drop off and pick up times. The rest is none of my business.

I don't live their lives nor do I know what they may or may not have going on physically, mentally or emotionally.

Sometimes parents actually do need "me" time.
Sometimes they abuse the concept

But I am not their parent so I don't parent them.

Do I judge them? At times I do but I think it's human nature to judge. However I also know I judge based on MY perception of who they are or what type of parent I think they are. NONE of which is 100% accurate.

Just like my daycare parents don't really "know" me,
I don't really know them. I only know what I see.