View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:45 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Yes, we live in a state the requires doors to be unlocked so kids can escape in case of a fire. They do, however, have a requirement where teachers have to have a “playground supervision plan” in place to avoid such instances. Doors that lock to get in, walkie talkies for teachers to communicate, etc. According to the state rep I spoke to. Did they have grounds to immediately dismiss me?
Thank you for providing additional info about the situation.

Unfortunately yes, they have the right to terminate you for anything they'd like to unless it violates the contract you signed. However, as a parent I would not want my child to attend a facility that clearly doesn't not take safety of the children seriously and that has staff that will not discuss issues in a professional and unbiased manner.

I would move on and find alternate care.
I would not worry about this effecting your ability to secure new care as stuff like this sadly happens more frequently than some would think.

I would be uncomfortable with any of the staff/teachers providing care and/or supervision for my child if they held such contempt for the manner in which you parent so honestly as much as a pain in the butt it is to find alternate care, it might very well be a blessing in disguise.

Imagine if your child got out one day and no one noticed.

Good luck in your search for new care...hopefully you live in an area where you have options available.