View Single Post
Mad_Pistachio 06:40 AM 02-03-2016
you can find a different (smaller, local) daycare, and it may dramatically improve the situation. or not...

when my daughter started daycare, she was 2 weeks under 2 years old. in the first year in her 2-year-old group, I can recall at least 4 different teachers. could be more, but I lost count after 4. now, the 3- and 4-year-olds all have the same teachers I have seen since the first day, but, for some reason, the 2-year-olds had theirs switch after 2-3 months. not sure what the problem was: teachers were quitting or the director couldn't find the right fit... it's a relatively small place, and the director is always on site, but the 2-year-old group was not having any luck with finding a teacher that would stick for at least a year until children move on to the next age level. it was not the "teachers switch twice a day" type of situation, but it was still kind of... really? no one fits? are you hiring?
she has moved up to the next group last year, so I have no idea what it's like now. hopefully, the director was able to find someone more stable.
unfortunately, until you are in the daycare for 2-3 months, you may not be able to see that happening.

it still may be worth a try. depending on how comfortable you are with trying, of course.