Thread: Toy Storage
View Single Post
Meeko 06:34 AM 09-15-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Do you have any pictures of how you have your toys stored? I want to make sure I can label things easily to be put back in the right spot! I once had a two year old picking up the cars, which go in a bucket, and his mom came in and made him finish picking up the other few cars as he tossed them on the shelf. The response was "Well at least they're off the floor" I was actually mad but didn't say anything.

I was brought up being told if you don't have time to do it right the first time, you're going to make time to get it done right the second. Meaning if I did a crappy fast job cleaning then she'd make me do it again right.
I actually don't have the drawers labelled! They just know where the toys go. It was PAINFUL to get them to do it right at first.....but now it's second nature. Every now and then someone will get lazy. But I am tough about it. If I check the drawers and something is in the wrong place...I put it back on the floor and they have to do it right. They have learned that it makes sense to do it right the first time.