View Single Post
PitterPatter 05:09 PM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
The bookcase thread got me thinking.

Where do you get all your books? I have quite a few but would like more. I typically hit the library a few times a month to stock up on books that are related to our theme. My only problem is finding all the library books when it's time to return them .

They get all mixed in with my other books or my girls take them up to their room and I find them under the bed or in their closet. I'm a member of Children's Book Club so when I was starting up I purchased a lot of the more traditional preschool books from there but it was pretty expensive.

I always keep my eye open for craigslist ads selling books and hit the thrift store but they are always hit or miss.

Does anyone have any other good sources for buying lots of books?
We were members of the book clubs as well but when my son started school the collecting really took off. He was given the Scholastic order form ( same I had as a kid). That is what really kicked our collection in gear. Each time he brought home the list/order form I would buy at least 4 books. It got so bad at Christmas time I spent $70 just in books from Scholastic. We already had a big collection of board books from when he was a baby so those combined pretty much filled 3 book shelves. I also pick up more at yard sales and goodwill etc every year. We have literally hundereds of books now ranging from simple board books to the puzzle books where it's a story (jack and the beanstalk for example) and the graphics portion of the page is a puzzle. Those are a big hit. The top fav are the lift the flaps! No matte how many times the kids look at these it's like a new surprise under the flap every time! So cute!