View Single Post
Unregistered 09:28 AM 04-11-2011
There's nothing to report her for. It's 100% legal for her to have a daycare center with unimmunized children, both family and center daycares. It sounds like you're a new mom searching for your first daycare. It's a very stressful process, because you'll soon realize that no care is going to be as good as what you can provide yourself so you're going to have to make compromises along the way when it comes to choosing a daycare. Most family and center daycares have web sites nowadays. I recommend you check web sites first before requesting a tour so you can get a better idea on what their philosophies and policies are - that will prevent any unpleasant surprises and potential conflict during the tour.

At this stage of your life, you probably have friends who have kids in daycare - get referrals and the inside scoop from your friends. Don't let looks fool you - sometimes the worst looking places have the best teachers and student materials (center chooses to hire and keep more experienced, higher educated staff and keeps toys and student materials updated rather then updating cosmestics on building). Not all daycares interview potential customers. I personally took offense to daycares interviewing me as well, which is why I chose not to place my child at an in home.

Centers tend to not interview parents and encourage parents to interview them - though just about all info you get from center interview can be found in their parent handbook and contract and web site prior to the tour, including philosophies and ideals and the ways they handle most types of situations that may arise during your child's development. Either way you choose, just be sure to avoid or immediately leave daycares that don't practice the philosophies that they teach. Also, avoid or immediately leave daycares that can't seem to handle the daily basics of your child's care. Outside of a nanny, it seems a center will give you more of a piece of mind.