Thread: Out of Diapers?
View Single Post
PitterPatter 06:57 AM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Can you bill her (Instead of the state) for the day? I have several kids on state assistance and there are often days the kids do not attend that the state does not pay for but my contract says are paid days so I bill the family directly.

I would lose the money before I borrowed her anything. If you borrow her money then you are enabling her as well. I understand that you don't want to lose the money but in the long run, you are better off sucking it up than feeding into her entitlement.

I would also start advertising to fill her place.....that family is rediculous and I would not want to continue dealing with all the issues she brings upon herself. Especially because they have such an impact on others (you) and she doesn't really even care...
I am not allowed to charge her anything except her portion fees and late fees. I can't charge her or the state when the kids are sick or I take a day off etc. I am not allowed to charge her for days she is not here no matter the reason. If I thought I could get away with it I would make her pay but I know she would report me. She has bragged to me about other people she has reported in other situations. She's quite proud of her ability to collect what she feels entitled to and if it's not given to her then she reports them. I don't want to open that can of worms.

I have been advertising for a while now with no luck. I keep the ads up though. Getting clients has always been a slow process here. Just too many home daycares I guess. Trust me as soon as I get the spots filled they are out of here. I do like the kids and will miss them but the amount of stress and drama DCM brings in here is not worth it.

Thanks for the advise. I won't be calling her back

I do have to wonder what the kids are wearing now though. Neither one is potty trained at all!