View Single Post
Heidi 01:50 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by knoxmomof2:
I just read the other replies. If it seems like there is more going on, you might suggest an evaluation for him. It's a hard conversation to have with the parents, but you can just say "things may be just fine, but I'm seeing some behaviors that are concerning me. I don't feel like he's able to get the full benefit of his time here when this or that is happening and I'm unable to get his interest despite all of my experience with little ones." Something like that.
I agree.

It does sound like something could be going on. It makes me sad for him too; whether due to personality or other reason, I think it's got to be confusing to him, too!

It makes me think of being in a foreign country where you don't speak the language. People are talking to you, pointing and smiling, but you just don't get it. Finally, your loved one comes to take you home, only to take you back the next day.

OP, you stated that he wants your attention, but what does he want you to DO? Does he make eye contact, want you to sing to him or read to him or play with him? Or does he just want you to be next to him?

Here is an article I found. Do you see him in any of these kiddos?

https://ccie-catalog.s3.amazonaws.co...ry/5022138.pdf