View Single Post
gkids09 03:57 PM 10-02-2010
I also do a Halloween bean bag toss..I get two or three of those plastic jack-o-lantern candy buckets, and then I filled some Halloween socks with rice (or beans, can't remember), tied them together, and that's our bean bags! The kids LOVE this game, and we have used regular buckets and stuffed turtles, fish, etc when it's NOT Halloween! lol
Another one I do is find the bones...Sounds a little strange, but I just get a bin and fill it about half full of rice (or mac noodles, or whatever you wanna do.) I don't cook it, because my dck are in their costumes too, and that would be gross. I get plastic bones from Dollar Tree from their Halloween decorations and stick them down in the rice. The kids can dig for them as long as they want. If you have a sand/water table, you could just add the bones there too...
We have done a REAL jack-o-lantern before too, where the kids can dig the seeds out if they want to, but I always do the knife of course. I used the mini pumpkins one year to make each kid. The stem was the nose.
You could use the pumpkin seeds for counting, or roast them, or dry them out and plant them maybe? I don't know if that would work or not. Never tried it!
Well...That's it for not I think. Hope it helps a little! Our Halloween party is always on Saturday afternoon, and we do all our games/activities outside, and the parents all come and bring something for the party. So some of the things we do may not work for your day, but maybe some of it will!