View Single Post
LuckyOnes 05:26 PM 08-15-2008
When a daycare says that they are a four star daycare, what exactly does this mean? I checked out a home daycare that she said was a four star daycare yet her home was filthy. She had none of the safety requirements met like a child could easily walk to her door, turn the knob, and walk out. The plug sockets weren't plugged with those plastic things. Her home had holes in the walls, dirty shoes (multiple pair) sitting by the door and a child sitting on a dirty carpet that wasn't swept or shampooed. The other ones I called had random people that weren't parents hanging out at their house. They weren't professional at all when answering the phone and they didn't want to answer any of my questions. All of them acted as though I was bothering them. None of the ones I checked out offered to take me around and show me the facility. I am so disappointed with my search and these are the only daycares that offer second shift. I found one good one out of 30 but she only does full-time and charges about the same as daycare centers (208.00 a week). We just can't afford that price. I am curious to know what experience you all have found when looking for in home daycares or enrolling your child in one.