View Single Post
e.j. 02:10 PM 03-04-2014
I agree with the others who say red dye can cause behavioral issues. I had a 4 yr old dcb several years ago who was "all boy" but I never considered his behavior a problem. He came in one day after mom gave him some cough syrup with red dye in it just before she dropped him off here. It kicked in shortly after and I couldn't believe the change I saw in him! He was wild! I was sure he would kill or injure himself if I turned my back to him for a second. It really was scary!

My dd can't eat anything with gluten in it and knows very quickly when she has ingested it accidentally. She experiences severe cramps and a burning pain in her stomach, bloating, migraines and joint pain. She has had memory problems, as well, that I think may be related. I never noticed any behavioral problems, though, even when she was younger but I guess different people experience different reactions.

From what you've written, it does sound as though dcm may be using his gluten intolerance as an excuse for misbehavior.