View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:54 AM 03-04-2011
I still say require the two weeks notice and maybe allow her to drop to part time, but then say you want a months notice. I understand that she doesn't want to lose her spot at the new daycare, but she should try negotiating with the new provider instead of you.

Plus the new provider will find out soon enough that two weeks is not that much of a requirement and that is one rule that is pretty much universal with providers.

Rules are rules and should be observed until the day you close. I also get that they may be a good family and all but you are already doing them a favor by telling them so far in advance so they can find alternate care. What if they all come to you with this same scenario...are you going to cut them all some slack? Unless they are forking over for 3 or more kids full time I just don't see why they think the two weeks notice shouldn't be observed. It comes down to respect for you IMPO.

They could pay the new provider to hold the spot or if the new provider is newly opened she will find out that spaces don't fill right up and will more than likely have the same openings after the two weeks notice time is over. Unless your area is in dire need of childcare and spaces fill up fast.