View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:11 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by DaycareService:
That is the most concerning thing to read. When my daughter was in a daycare facility I always assumed that background checks were done on staff and parents alike...at least they were done at the center she attended. So I can only assume that most day care centers allow anyone to enroll and then we trust that everything happens as it should between the staff and parents? I'm sorry. We don't live in such a world.
Again, I disagree. We DO live in such a world. Thousands of parents place their blind trust in family child care providers. A majority of which do not have cameras.

Originally Posted by DaycareService:
I understand that the lack of cameras is more about not wanting to be seen and monitored than safety. I don't agree with it, but it is the reality of what childcare providers want in this day and age.
Asking again, how does having cameras guarantee higher safety. Can you give me some examples of how a parent being able to view (without sound) a snippet of their child's day would ensure a higher level of safety?

Even if a parent watched the camera ALL day long...I am not understanding HOW that guarantees them that added safety.

I have an open door policy. Meaning parents can (and are encouraged) to pop in ANY time they want. If I am doing ANYTHING unsafe, they can "catch" me then.

Also for me personally, the safety of the children is MORE important to me than it is to most parents. After all, I AM the one that makes sure I sleep infants according to safe sleep recommendations, I have a valid CPR/First Aid certificate, take a variety of trainings and classes that help educate me on healthy eating, developmental growth and many other things that ensure that child in my care are safe.

Most parents I know can't even say no to their child...even in UNSAFE situations so again, cameras are in NO WAY a guarantee of safety for anyone.

I understand that you believe in what you sell and that you trust that your customers, consumers and clients believe you when you educate them about your services.

It's the same way for child care.