View Single Post
sharlan 05:53 PM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by DaycareService:
I have an nephew who is autistic and non-verbal. My family was thrilled to find a company that provided us peace of mind when he was out of our sight. So, I'm happy to share it with other providers. I'm also happy to invest my personal time in this endeavor. Is it my career? No. Is it my passion? Absolutely. For my family it provides us with security. Cameras in provider facilities had nothing to do with wanting to micro manage, but more to do with care and concern for our little one in our family. That is the sole basis and I'm happy to stand behind that. I understand each provider commenting has their own feelings one why they strongly reject the idea. However, I don't understand the lack of compromise. Most families aren't sitting at home watching video footage. We all have jobs and things that take us away from our families and require us to use childcare. Why is it wrong for use to worry and want to know what's going on with them? It's not our fault that we aren't able to be with them every step of the day...I would have preferred it. But it is what it is. So yes. I stand behind a company that I very much appreciate and value. And I'm passionate about what they provide for families like mine.

This bothers me. Why do "YOU" have access to video footage of children that are not "YOURS"? Unless you have custody of this child you have no right to videos of other children.

My grandson is autistic. Everything between him and his school/therapists, etc is between them, him, and HIS parents. I know what my daughter chooses to share.